Coordinator: Clara van Panhuys
- Work-Life Balance : Maria Prieto, Yuka Okumura, Clara van Panhuys
- Diversity : Ludovic Caprini, Chantal Nahimana, Clara van Panhuys
- Disability : Séverine Deboos, Azza Talaab, Yuka Okumura
Technical Advisers: Jurgen Menze, Lou Tessier
Objective: To promote equality and improve working conditions for women and men working in the ILO, focusing on the following identified key areas:
• maternity and paternity protection
• lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT)
• disability inclusion
• working-time arrangements
• gender and diversity mainstreaming
Means of action
• Maternity and paternity protection: signature and implementation of a collective agreement covering maternity and paternity protection in the ILO.
• Childcare: develop an internal note regarding childcare facilities available for headquarters staff; initiate discussions with HRD to enable staff members to take sick leave to care for disabled children.
• LGBT: negotiate a revision of the ILO’s Personal Status Policy; launch/disseminate the ILO’s LGBT/diversity survey; request the CCISUA to recognize formally and work with UN Globe; organize brown-bag lunches for interns on discrimination and UN GLOBE.
• Disability inclusion: collaborate with the administration and the GED in order to improve the implementation of the ILO policy on the employment of persons with disabilities; ensure the protection of ILO personnel from disability-based discrimination; increase the disability knowledge of staff.
• Harassment: follow-up with HRD on the establishment of a pool of independent investigators and negotiate a prevention policy/strategy as stipulated in the new collective agreement.
• Working-time arrangements: follow-up on the draft part-time work policy.
• Gender and diversity mainstreaming: coordinate and facilitate gender and diversity mainstreaming in the work of the other SUC working groups.